Today the Retail Gift Card Association (RGCA) announced its 2019-2020 leadership, including new board members and the appointment of two current board members to executive-level positions.
Founded in 2008, the Retail Gift Card Association is a trade association of more than 100 diverse, closed-loop gift card retailers and non-retailer supporting members committed to promoting and protecting the use of gift cards. Members collectively fuel consumer confidence in the industry, evolve best practices for gift card programs and optimize emerging opportunities to meet demand for digital payments and contextual commerce.
Effective immediately, the 2019-2020 RGCA board of directors includes the following new and returning members:
- Chair: Erin Wood, Subway® Restaurants
- Vice Chair: Ken Bott, Darden Restaurants
- Treasurer: Lesa Hernandez, GameStop
- Chair Emeritus: Nathan Ehrlich, The Home Depot
- Colleen Dorwart, Travel Tags
- Kevin Halvorsen, Macy’s
- Krista Lee, Fiserv
- Laura Parker, Best Buy
- Jen Porras, Brinker International
- Ryan Post, Starbucks
- Chet Putnam, Walmart
- Kim Sobasky, Inspire Brands
- Abby Teigland, AMC Theatres
- Jeff Weatherly, Optimum Card Solutions
- Alternate: Alex Barseghian, Blackhawk Network
- Alternate: Kathy Cook, DSW
- Alternate: Jeff Hood, Zaxby’s
- Alternate: Martha Weaver, Raise
“It is an exciting time to be involved with the RGCA, as consumers and businesses are quickly evolving the way they use gift cards as stored value payments tools—and no longer just as gifting options,” said Erin Wood, RGCA Board Chair. “Our newly formed board is full of well-established and respected industry trailblazers and will help us to grow our association as an even stronger voice for closed-loop gift cards. I am invigorated to work with the new RGCA leadership team to propel our association toward continued success in the future.”
The RGCA board of directors thanks former board members for their unwavering support and commitment while serving on the board.
- Tim Anderson, AMC Theatres
- Michelle Brown
- Andy Choi, The Walt Disney Company
- Nicole Glass, Gift Card Impressions
- Marina Hodges, Blackhawk Network (formerly with Walmart)
- Jayne Stegemiller, Zaxby’s
For more information, including details on becoming a member, visit theRGCA.org.
About the Retail Gift Card Association (RGCA)
The Retail Gift Card Association is the nonprofit trade association that represents the closed-loop gift category. The Association’s mission is to protect, promote and enhance the use of retail gift cards as forms of branded currency and stored value solutions that enable, enrich, and encourage commerce in today’s digital age. All RGCA members abide by a Code of Principles that supports consumer-friendly policies for the purchase and redemption of closed-loop gift cards. RGCA’s membership is comprised of retailers from all sectors, including restaurants, general merchandise, apparel, sporting and leisure, and non-retailers. For more information, visit us at thergca.org.